How To Port Your Number To Reliance Jio [MNP] – Steps, FAQ
How To Port Your Number To Reliance Jio [MNP] : You may all aware that, RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani officially announced about Reliance Jio with its welcome offer in India. According to him, Starting from September 5th, all the users with compatible 4G handsets across India can get Reliance Jio with its welcome offer. The welcome offer includes free calls, SMS, data, video, etc., If you’re not aware of the Jio Welcome Offer, check out the detailed FAQ post which we posted earlier. Many of the people will not prefer to change their number often. So, the users who don’t want to change their number can port your number from other networks to Reliance Jio.
1. Send Port request from your current network. Send an SMS from your current carrier in the below format.
Eg : PORT 904XXXXX24 to 1900
2. After sending the SMS, you will receive an SMS with UPC [Unique Port Code]. The code is valid for 15 days only.
3. Now, Download MyJio app from PlayStore and generate offer code.
4. After generating the code, visit the nearest Reliance Digital / Dx Mini / Preferred Jio retailer or prominent multi-brand Jio stores with the porting request code and your Free Welcome Offer code along with the handset, in which you generated the code. Also, you have to carry the required documents like Aadhar Card, Passport size photo, Address proof. After submitting the documents, you will get the new JIO sim.
5. As per the Telecom regulations of India, your number will remain with your current service provider for the next 5-7 Days. You will receive an SMS on your existing carrier, on when the number is going to switch to Reliance Jio.
6. After inserting the Jio SIM, complete the tele-verification steps and then you can make start using the Reliance Jio SIM.
Can I avail the Jio Welcome Offer if I port from existing network?
Yes, all the users who are switching from another network also can avail the Jio welcome offer.
Are there any limitations in the welcome offer for MNP users?
No, MNP users also can avail all the benefits of the welcome offer. You can check out the detailed FAQ about the Jio welcome offer here.
What is the validity of the Welcome Offer to MNP users?
The users can avail the welcome offer benefits till December 31st, 2016 like all other users.
From when I can port my number to Reliance Jio?
There is no official confirmation from when the PORTing request will be accepted. But Jio is going to provide the welcome offer for all Indian users starting from September 5th, 2016. So we are believing that the MNP request also accepted from 5th September 2016. Lets The above procedure is for your knowledge once it starts.
We will update this page, once we get the official/trusted source confirmation about when the MNP-Porting request accepted in Reliance Jio.
Article publié pour la première fois le 05/09/2016