Looking for how to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali? Here we are with some tips and ways to celebrate eco friendly Diwali this year and always.
Diwali is the time to joy, fun and partying. But now a days bursting crackers is become essential part of Diwali celebration. It increase Pollution level and create many health hazards for all ages. The high levels of residual particulate matter (RPM) and suspended particulate matter (SPM) emanates from firecrackers cause sudden health complaints. So this year why not we all celebrate Eco friendly Diwali to get healthy and pollution free environment. There are many ways to celebrate Eco friendly Diwali some of them are mentioned below.
How to Celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali
- Do not decorate your home with plastic decorations. Use some bright and colorful dupattas or sarees to decorate your home in an eco friendly way.
- To make Rangoli use organic or homemade Rangoli colors, real flowers , colored rice and lentils instead of artificial colors and flowers.
- Do not use electric lights to lighten your home. Lighten your home with earthen lamps or diyas which need oil for illumination and give light for 2-3 hours. It will also cut down your electricity bill.
- Encourage community celebration rather than celebrating individually. Doing this will reduce the cost of celebration as well as reduce air and noise pollution caused by burning crackers.
- Burn eco-friendly crackers which are made up of recycled paper and the sound produced by these crackers is under the decibel limit defined by the Pollution Board instead of selecting traditional chemical cracker this Diwali.
- Joy of giving spreading smiles, happiness and cheer so this year celebrate Diwali with poor and underprivileged children by sharing your Diwali crackers, sweets and gifts with them.
- Use banana leaves to serve the guests instead of using disposable crockery, it will give a traditional touch to your festivities and keep your home eco-friendly.
Now go ahead and celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali without the guilt of polluting environment.