Describe your idea of starting a new business in your area.
You should say:
- what business it will be
- how you have got this idea
- what preparation and planning it would require
and explain whether you would personally start it or not.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
I am planning to start a business. Cosmetics and perfumes would be the main products that I will sell. Initially, it would be a small store and I hope someday it will grow enough and will compete with the other existing business of the similar category. In fact, this is a very popular business in the country, Vietnam and a wide number of people are getting involved in the small businesses. So, I have picked it for me. This is a great cue card topic for me and here goes the rest of the answer.
I have completed my graduation and now planning to grow my career. But my father told me to try something different. He suggested me to start some sort of business. After his suggestions and direct support, I started seeking the right type o0f business for me. I also researched about the matter on the internet. Finally, I came to the decision that the business of selling cosmetics and perfume would be the best for me.
There are some certain preparations needed to start the business. First of all, I would need sufficient amount of money to get the products. Then I would need a business location or office for selling the products. Actually, this is the hardest part of the plan to manage an office in a prime location. However, I also would need investing for advertisement purposes to let the others know about my products and services.
Of course, I will start it personally. My father has arranged for a small shop in the centre of the city, Hanoi. Moreover, I have also contacted with the suppliers of various types of cosmetics and perfumes. They are ready to supply me both with cash and credit. All the preparations are done and I am going to start it shortly. I personally will manage everything.
Idea generation for this Cue Card topic:
“Describe your idea of starting a new business in your area.”
The idea of starting a new business might be different based on someone’s perspective aim and situation. So, some other hints would prove helpful for the candidates. Here are few other similar ideas for your convenience.
1. Repairing computers is a good business. If someone has the knowledge to repair a computer perfectly, there are huge chances to shine in this arena. In fact, people nowadays have numerous problems with computers. They have trouble with their monitor and CPU. Recently I have completed a course of repairing all types of computers. Troubleshooting hardware and software appear interesting to me. Hence, this is my plan to open a computer repair shop.
2. At present, the necessity of editorial service is emerging. Few editing agencies can do the tasks rightly. So, my new business plan is to provide editorial service to my clients based on their needs. I will provide editorial services professionally like ghostwriting, copy editing, proofreading, web page content generation and so on.
3. In Australia, people remain too busy to plan for an event. So, I think there are huge prospects of event planners if someone can take it professionally. But before moving to the business, I would have to plan in detail about it. Visiting the event locations is also important to plan an event. Database preparation would be another task to kick off the business.
4. The real estate companies are in search of a perfect interior decorator for their projects. Since I have my graduation in interior decoration, it becomes easier for me to start the business. Yes, I have a plan to be an interior decorator. The business has prospects to grow further and someday it would take me the peak of success.
5. People live in stress and need relaxation badly. Yoga is a wonderful way to make people relaxed. If I open a yoga centre in Hamburg, Germany, I think it would be a success. Many of the people are not stressed and they do find the right way to get rid of them. A professional yoga centre would be of great advantage for them.