Describe how you behaved in a stressful situation.
You should say:
- what the situation was
- how you behaved
- how other people might have behaved
and explain how you felt about your behaviour afterwards.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Recently, I got divorced and it was a stressful situation for me. I think I was not guilty enough that my ex-husband got separated. Actually, he was in love with another woman in a bar in Hong Kong where he worked as the barkeeper. I do not know how everything happened and it was all of a sudden that I got the divorce documents sent from my ex-husband. So, I was worried. This is a smart cue card question for me and I will explain the matter in brief.
Actually, I could not tolerate the matter at all. I turned mad in emotions and could not bear the fact he left me for another girl. I loved him from the deep of my heart but he was a traitor. It was tougher for me to accept that he really got separated from me. We made a family for over five years and everything was destroyed. I lodged a complaint against him with the local police station pressing the charges that he divorced me without any solid reasons.
I think the reactions of other people would be the same. In some cases, the behaviours would be too rude and even may lead to serious accidents. Actually, women with the soft mind like me are unable to bear the matters. They want happy families but such disasters will ruin their lives.
I did not feel any sense of guilt. It was my natural reaction and it would be the same for the others too. Everything was settled later and the man has been providing a monthly allowance for me and my baby boy of two years old. I am happy that I was calm and did not commit any serious mistake that would have been harmful to me in the later stages.
Idea generation for this Cue Card topic:
“Describe how you behaved in a stressful situation.”
Often people undergo stressful situations and this cue card question is about behaving during the situations. The candidate can also follow the hints below to prepare their answer.
1. The sudden death of my pet was a shocking event for me. I loved the cat so much but unluckily it died from sickness. The cat was my constant companion at home and this was a stressful situation for me. It took a long time to recover the stress.
2. Having credit card has some benefits but it can be stressful if someone crosses the limit. I experienced a similar event. The credit limit exceeded that created a stressful situation for me. A couple of notice issued form the bank worried me much.
3. I was dismissed from my work for some mysterious reasons. I could not believe that my authority would fire me from work. The situations were stressful for me. I had no job but two others were relying on me.
4. The unexpected news of a plane crash in Japan made me worried to death because my dad was travelling to Singapore during this time. He, however, called after an hour to let us know that he was safe.
5. My younger brother has derailed and his news on imprisonment made me stressed. He was caught with drugs and investigations found him guilty. So, he was awarded a six-month imprisonment. I was highly stressed about the matter. It was me who had to complete all the legal formalities.
6. Motherhood is a divine blessing but I was not ready indeed. When the doctor told me the matter, I was stressed instead of becoming glad. Doctor asked me to get prepared for a motherhood. Actually, unplanned pregnancies are filled with difficulties. I had to consider my career and some other factors.
7. A band of snatchers ran away with my iPhone and I was worried about the matter. The phone contained all my necessary documents, photos, music and more. Later, I erased all the documents using iCloud service. But it was a very stressful situation for me.