Describe an invention that has changed people’s life.
You should say:
- what it is
- who invented it
- when it was invented
and explain how it changed people’s life.
will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one
minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes
to help you if you wish.]
The use of global positioning system, also known as GPS, has become a usual matter for everyone particularly people with smartphones. This is the modern technology that helps to pinpoint any specific location with the use of satellites. Now, this has become a great tool for people who want to explore the world. This nice cue card task allows me to discuss the issue. I am pleased to have it in my luck and thank you for this topic.
The masterminds of this invention are – Roger Easton, Ivan Getting, and Bradford Parkinson. Now, this is used by almost everyone for commercial, military and individual purposes. They invented this technology mostly to assist in various types of military operations. Navigation in remote places was really difficult before this invention and the explorers had suffered a lot as they lost the ways. But after the invention of the GPS, exploration, and travelling has become easier than before.
In 1973, the GPS was introduced in the USA to solve the navigation problems, though the development began in the 1960s by the US Department of Defense. About 24 satellites were used in the initial stage with the aim to support the US Military. But the maximum development of the system was done in 1995. Interestingly, the use of GPS is a cheaper now and the cell phone manufacturers use this technology on their device to the real-time location of the phone users.
The use of GPS has brought a revolution in people’s life. When someone uses GPS, there are fewer chances to get lost in a foreign location. Besides, some other people use this technology with their vehicles so that they can track them. It also helps to plan a travelling or exploration route too. Further, a GPS device also helps to monitor resources and ensure their proper optimization.
Idea generation for this Cue Card topic:
“Describe an invention that has changed people’s life.”
Following are some other hints to help you complete the cue card task in a different manner. Here are some potential hints that would be helpful for you to generate ideas for this cue card topic:
1. The invention of the laptop computer has reduced the stress that people took on their daily life to complete the needs. In fact, a laptop is a computer that you can carry anywhere you want. And this proved beneficial for those who have to deal with modern technology. Laptops are also essential to make communications for various purposes. I think this is a blessing for everyone.
2. The wireless charging system is the modern invention. With this process, a mobile phone user does not need connecting the charged cable to the phone. By placing the mobile phone in a particular device, it will be charged. I am happy with this invention and planning to have the phone with wireless charging feature. Besides, charging is made faster with such technology. So, it would be a great advantage for me to have the phone set.
3. Application of solar panel is often seen in places. It helps to preserve powers from the sun and then converts the power into electricity. Actually, the sun is the source of renewable energy. And it would be of great use to people across the world because the quantity of non-renewable energy is almost finished. An alternative energy source can improve the situation.
4. The invention of the credit card has changed the way of living. At present, we use credit cards for a number of reasons. But it was invented to pay the fuel bills for the growing number of automobile owners. Almost all the banks have their own credit cards with different features. They allow the consumers or bank clients to use the card and pay the bills in credit. This is an easier mode of the transaction as you do not need to carry cash always.
5. I think accounting would have been more difficult if there were no calculators. With the help of a calculator, an individual can complete calculation of a large volume of accounts. This is really a helpful device for people. And now varieties of calculators are available and the users get them based on their needs.