Describe a transport problem in your city/town.
You should say:
- what the problem is
- what the causes of this problem are
- how it affects you
and explain how you think it might be solved.
will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one
minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes
to help you if you wish.]
Traffic congestion is a great problem at present. The number of commuters is on the rise in Hong Kong. In line with the passengers, the number of vehicles is also increasing too. As a result, the traffic congestion has become a great problem for the ordinary people. Moreover, the high population density is creating the situations worst. It is a smart candidate task card to point out the situation and solution. I will describe the matters now.
Basically, the main causes of transport problem in Hong Kong is the dense population, increased number of vehicles and narrow roads. The roads are too narrow in some points that cars and other vehicles cannot move smoothly together while pedestrians also cross the street at the same point. Most of the people want to travel through the least expensive which is another reason for this congestion.
I am greatly affected by this issue. Reaching office in time becomes difficult. I become unable to ride on the public transports for the crowds and sometimes the traffic congestions make delay to reach office in time. So, when I am office after around one hour in streets, I lose the desired level of productivity. While returning home, I have to experience the similar events which are really irritating.
Only one thing can solve the problem and that is widening the streets. Most of the streets are less spacious than they were supposed to be. Secondly, a balance should be brought in the movement of traffic. Most of the drivers drive after their will and cause the congestion. The increased number of private cars is also another cause for the situation. So, if the number of private cars could be controlled and the streets could be made wider, I think the problem would be solved to some extent.
Idea generation for this Cue Card topic:
“Describe a transport problem in your city/town.”
People commute every day to different places and thus need different types of transports in their day to day life. The cue card could be answered from some other point of views. The following hints would be effective to get ideas on how to approach this cue card topic.
1. Every day I need to experience the traffic congestion in Mumbai. This is a large city and it accommodates more people than its standard range. So, traffic congestion is a common issue here. Making late for office makes me staying there for extra hours. I am bored with this regular phenomenon. Wish there could be some other ways to solve the problem.
2. Recently I have shifted in New York downtown and often experience traffic problems. Missing schedules has become a regular phenomenon for me. I cannot attend in office meetings in time or cannot reach in destinations in the desired and pre-defined time. Riding on public transport is difficult and I have to waste unnecessary times by waiting in queues. Therefore, I am planning to shift my residence near to my office to avoid time wastage.
3. Living in Japan is peaceful if someone can tolerate the traffic problems while walking on streets. Some of the streets are extremely crowded and traffic jams are responsible for that. Even you will have less space to walk in some wide streets for random vehicular movement. Some of the areas have narrow streets that worsen the situation. But I am happy with the public transportation.
4. Malaysia offers some standard features to its citizens. But sometimes, people are to suffer few minor traffic issues. Waiting in a line to ride on public transports is one of them. Though the metro service is fully operational and provides the best service, some constraints are still found in public transports. Often public transport drivers drive after their will and are penalized.
5. Traffic problem in London is not that much acute like the other countries. But sometimes, the traffic issue become worst. Vehicular movement becomes impossible. The drivers and passengers are to wait on the street for uncertain hours. The rising construction activities are the key factors causing the problem.
Article publié pour la première fois le 08/02/2018