Describe a shop that recently opened in your hometown/area.
You should say:
- what type of shop it is
- what type of people go there
- what it sells
and explain whether you will shop there or not.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Recently, a shop, named – The Shoppers, has been opened in my area, Perth, Australia, where I live in. This shop mainly sells perfumes, cosmetics and toiletries. It appears to me that this is a super shop in small scale. I was happy to see it on my block and planned to get the necessary things for my baby, and will suggest others to get their necessaries as well. I like this candidate task card and I will answer the remaining questions in brief now.
This is a shop that is suitable for all types of people but people who care about their skin health and have a sense of luxury are the key clients of this shop. This shop has also become popular among the local females. People come here to have their regular cosmetic products. Though I am not an admirer of cosmetics products, I visit the shop to get some branded perfumes and toiletries for my family.
The shop is enriched with various types of products. Almost all the products belong to reputed local brands and some of those are imported as well. The shop deals with perfumes, different types of cosmetics, toiletries, bathing accessories, make up accessories and much more. The most important thing is that you will be able to get the products with a reasonable price. And if there are defects with any of the products, the shop owner will refund you or change you the product.
Of course, I will shop there. The price is reasonable and there is no overcharging here for their products which are a usual matter with the other local stores. Frequently, I need cosmetics and toiletries products for me and my family members. So, if I need anything like those, I will get them from ‘The Shoppers’.
Idea generation for this Cue Card topic:
“Describe a shop that recently opened in your hometown/area.”
You can approach some alternative answers for this cue card topic. Some of the following answer hints are as followed:
1. I went to have some groceries from the shop located opposite to my residence in Perth, Australia. The shop is famous for its quality products and good customer relations and aftersales service.
2. Purchasing a pair of shoes was too difficult for me unless I got the ‘Shoe Store’ in my locality in Delhi, India. Actually, I badly needed a pair of shoes as the former one was suddenly damaged while walking down the street. So, I immediately went to the shop and got a new pair for me.
3. Lisa is my classmate and a foodie. She loves to taste various types of foods wherever she can. So, I invited her to taste the traditional foods of Germany at a local food shop newly opened in my city, Munich. She loved the foods at the shop and became a great fan of their coffee.
4. My experience with a local vegetable selling shop was splendid. In fact, I went there to get some fresh vegetable to entertain a guest at home. A relative from my wife’s family came to visit us and my wife told me that he was a vegetarian. Thereby, I rushed to get some vegetables from the shop located at the opposite block of my residence in Nice, France. The shop started its journey in the area recently and became popular for fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. I was looking for a particular book prescribed by my college but did not get it in the entire city. Finally, I found the book at a newly opened bookstore in the middle of the street where I live in Naples, Italy. I was looking for a book on Shakespeare to prepare my next assignment but did not get the book in other libraries after spending a couple of hours. Luckily, a bookseller suggested me visiting the library next to my home. And I got the book there.
6. Finding a pet is not easy if someone lacks knowledge on a pet. In some cases, the pet shop owners can also suggest getting a pet after your requirements and residential status. So, I visited the Pet-Café, opened recently in my city, Osaka, in Japan. It was a nice experience. The shop owner suggested me to have a cat as a pet.