Describe a bicycle tour that you took.
You should say:
- when you had this trip
- who went on this trip with you
- what you did during this trip
and explain how far you enjoyed it.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Last month, I went on a day-long bicycle tour with some of my close buddies from Kandy to Colombo in Sri Lanka. It was a long distance for bicycle ride but we really enjoyed the ride. It was an interesting and adventurous experience for everyone at the tour. And it took about over six hours for us to reach Colombo. This is a great cue card task topic and I will describe the event in brief now.
I made the trip with some of my local college friends in Kandy, a city in Sri Lanka. In fact, they were planning to make such a daylong tour and only bicycles would be used here. After the plan, we were seven members in this team and brought our bicycles to ride. We started journey early in the morning and planned to get back in the city before the sunset. And we were successful in making the tour come true.
The trip was amazing. We did lots of things during the tour and taking photographs was the most attractive one of them. Besides, we took our lunch on the street, take some breaks in beautiful places. Unluckily, we had to slow down as the streets were broken in some parts out of the city. And we also made fun and sang various songs during the ride.
I enjoyed the tour to the last minute. In fact, it was the longest ride for me on a bicycle. And I could not believe that I would be able to ride such a long distance (it was over 115 kilometres). When I returned home in the dusk, I was too tired to talk and had severe muscle pain. But I was happy to undertake such a tour with buddies.
Idea generation for this Cue Card topic:
“Describe a bicycle tour that you took.”
A candidate may want to talk about this cue card topic using a different idea. Hence, here are some suggestions to support them finishing the cue card task in some other ways.
1. I was attracted with the guided bicycle tour offered from a local travel agency here in Sri Lanka. The tour was the part of a promotion for the newly opened travel agency. Though they took a smart amount of money in exchange for the guided tour, it was free this time for their publicity.
2. Taking part in a day-long campaign for some noble purpose is interesting. I had such an experience and it was a bicycle tour to create awareness of breast cancer marking the ‘World Breast Cancer Day’. Gladly I took part in the event and enjoyed the bicycle tour.
3. Making a solo tour and if it is on a bicycle – this is adventurous indeed. I had made such a tour recently. I went to Vrindavan in India by riding a bicycle. The journey was interesting and took about six hours for me to complete the entire trip. Though it was difficult to make a solo trip, finally I enjoyed this one.
4. I went to Yokohama from Tokyo last week to meet some emergencies. I had to ride a bicycle to avoid potential traffic congestion and other issues. Despite the precautions, it took about one hour for me to reach Yokohama. I had to visit the city to meet a friend who fell sick a few days ago. I enjoyed the two-hour bicycle ride though it was not a much pleasant event after all.
5. Greece is a heaven for the bikers and there are numerous places to ride bikes in this country. I have travelled to different parts of Crete and enjoyed the experience so much. Teaming up with a couple of college friends, I made the trip. And visited the most notable places here. We also have a plan to make such trips occasionally.
Article publié pour la première fois le 08/02/2018